Companies are always looking for ways to improve their workflow but sometimes the answer is staring them right in the face.
- workflow noun
- the sequence of industrial, administrative, or other processes through which a piece of work passes from initiation to completion.
Most of us already know what a workflow is, and besides it's pretty self explanatory as you can see, but the hard part is finding a successful solution to actually speeds it up.
We can spend hours looking for files and relevant information in filing cabinets, folders and boxes before sending the documents to colleagues and relevant parties. We will then have to wait for them to receive that information before being able to continue with the work needed. This method can not only be frustrating but it is also inefficient and time wasting.
There must be a better way!
Don't worry, there is. It is simply a matter of bringing your workflow into the digital age. You probably already use email to communicate with colleagues, employees and clients so why not make the simple step to handling your documents digitally too? Let me show you how you can do this;
Step One- Prepare to ditch those cabinets, folders and boxes cluttering up your offices and slowing down your workflow.
Step Two- Set aside some time for you and your colleagues to sort through those documents.
Step Three- Securely dispose of all of the documents you no longer need, whether because their file retention period has passed or just that they are no longer needed.
Step Four- Gather the remaining important files and have them digitised.
Step Five- These digitised documents should be indexed and OCR processed which will make them easily searchable.
Step Six- Your digitised and indexed documents can then be implemented into a digital document management system.
Step Seven- Hey presto! You've taken the first step towards an improved workflow.
Ok, so you've seen the process (more about that a little later) so let's take a look at what benefits a quicker workflow and electronic document management can bring.
Benefits of a More Efficient Workflow
- If you host your document management system through a shared network or online cloud platform, you and your colleagues can have access to files and information from any device, anywhere, at any time. Better flexibility with your documents means you don't have to be at a certain computer to work with your files.
- Having digitised documents means you can edit and send them in real time without the need to reprint, photocopy and refile them.
- With the increased speed of working with digital documents, you can complete more work in a shorter space of time.
- More work completed = more profits gained
- Without the stress of searching for paper documents, the workforce morale and motivation will be boosted.
- Customer service departments will be able to deal with clients more efficiently sending a positive message to those already using your services as well as potential clients too.
- A company with an efficient way of working will gain a better reputation in the market.
Pearl Scan's Document Scanning Service
So the benefits are great, right? But you're worried that you won't have enough time or budget to scan, index and digitally file the documents yourself. Well, this is where Pearl Scan can help. We know how useful document scanning and digital document management can be for successful companies but we didn't want them to lose the benefits by attempting to do all the work themselves.
So, we offer a fully bespoke yet affordable document scanning service to take that stress off your mind. We handle the entire process from collection of your files to delivery of digital documents and safe disposal of the originals once you are happy. We also have a quick turnaround time for document scanning with our brand new scanner so you won't be without your documents for very long.
Before we begin your project we can provide you with sample scans of your documents to ensure you are completely happy. Our document scanning services also include OCR processing and meticulous quality checks as well as the option of hosting your documents on our online cloud platform, Pearl Cloud and/or using our specially developed document management software, Halogen.
If you would like some more information on the document scanning services and document management solutions we can offer here at Pearl Scan, feel free to browse our website or get in touch today for a free, no obligation quote for your scanning project.
The Scan-do Peopletm
For more information feel free to give us a call:
Nationwide: 0845 22 55 923 London: 0207 183 1885
Manchester: 0161 832 7991 Birmingham: 0121 285 1900