Book Scanning Services in London
We have been providing expert book scanning services in London and throughout the UK for over 16 years. Within our scanning bureau, we take exceptional care in handling your books, while we scan them and convert to any digital formats, such as Microsoft Word, TIFF, PDF Searchable, Amazon, Apple etc. Whether you are looking to simply digitise your book and convert it to PDF, digitise a big collection of books for digital archiving or possess a rare historical book that needs preserving, we have the infrastructure to fulfill any requirements.
We can scan anything
- Bound books
- Unbound books
- Heritage books
Book scanning methods
Depending on individual requirements and type of books, we can digitise them by using either a destructive or non-destructive digitisation method.
Destructive is the most commonly used book scanning method. Before the scanning takes place, the binding of the book is carefully removed, by using a professional guillotine machine, which allows to free up the pages and scan them with a specialist book scanner, up to A0 size.
- Quick scanning
- Cost effective
- Good quality
Non-Destructive book scanning is best suited for books that are valuable and non-replaceable, as the book is kept completely intact throughout the whole scanning process. For this method we use specialist overhead scanners, that allow us to safely scan books in size of up to A2.
- Special gloves approach
- Undamaged books
- Reduced lighting
Optical Character Recognition
By using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, we can make your books fully text searchable and editable. The advantages of using OCR for your scanned books is that it will be easier for you to find your favourite book every time.
The advantages of book scanning
- Gives you the opportunity to sell or republish your written work in an online format.
- With having digital formats, you have the possibilities of editing and re-editing your work at any time.
- To have your favourite book safe and secure as a digital copy.
- Makes your process easier to share your books and magazines with whoever you like.
- Giving yourself instant access to your favourite titles wherever and whenever.
- From digitising your books, manuscripts, journals, etc. This enables you to archive or preserve any collection you have.
Contact us today