Book Scanning Services in London
Pearl Scan Group have provided a book scanning service in London and throughout the UK for almost 15 years. Digital conversions of books, journals, manuals and magazines for writers, publishers, archivists, collectors, students and private individuals.
Our book scanning service covers
- Bound books
- Unbound books
- Heritage books
We can scan all of the above to a wide range of formats from searchable PDFs and editable Microsoft Word to popular eBook formats such as Kindle, ePub and iBook.
The advantages of our unbound book scanning
Unbound book scanning is our most common method. Before the scanning takes place, the spines of the books are sliced off making it easy to scan the pages in our high speed document scanner. By unbinding the pages we can scan up to A0 in size.
- Quick scanning
- Cost effective
- Good quality
The advantages of our bound book scanning service
The advantage of bound book scanning is that if you need your books, magazines, manuscripts, etc, keeping intact throughout the scanning process. So bound book scanning can ensure that your books are retuned to you as they left you. To keep your books intact we use specialists overhead scanners (image to the right) and technology that is specially designed for books up to size A2.
- Special gloves approach
- Undamaged books
- Reduced lighting
OCR and digital books
By using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, we can make your books fully text searchable and even editable. The advantages of using OCR for your scanned books is that it will be easier for you to find your favourite book every time.
The advantages of book scanning
- Gives you the opportunity to sell or republish your written work in an online format.
- With having digital formats, you have the possibilities of editing and re-editing your work at any time.
- To have your favourite book safe and secure as a digital copy.
- Makes your process easier to share your books and magazines with whoever you like.
- Giving yourself instant access to your favourite titles wherever and whenever.
- From digitising your books, manuscripts, journals, etc. This enables you to archive or preserve any collection you have.
Contact us today
If our book scanning service sounds like the perfect solution you're looking for then contact us today. We have our online contact form or you can call: 0207 183 1885.