How long will it take you to retrieve the files you need with differing document management systems?
You need some information from a document to complete a piece of work.
The document is only available in a hard copy that is stored away.
It could be in one of three places.
- Filed in a filing cabinet in your office.
- Kept in a dedicated room for storing documents & files.
- Kept in off-site storage ran by an external company.
- You are dealing with scenario number one- You will need to leave your desk and search through the filing cabinet, hoping the document has not been moved from where it has been filed.
- You are dealing with scenario number two- You will need to leave your desk and your office, find the room that stores the files, search through the files and hope that no one has moved it.
- You are dealing with scenario number three- You will need to contact the company which deals with the storage of your documents and ask to be sent your document. This may take up to a week, meaning your work will be put on hold until then. END.
For scenarios one and two, you will then need to return to your desk to continue your work with the information you have just found. END.
If you have had all of your documents scanned and placed into a digital document management system, here's how your step by step process will look.
You need some information from a document to complete some work.
The document is available in a digital format on the computer right in front of you.
You open up the digital document management system or online platform and text search your document.
There is your document, ready to read, edit and share as you wish. END.
As you can see, it is much more straightforward to deal with documents in a digital document management system than it is to go searching for hard copies which may not be where you think they are.
Here at Pearl Scan, we offer a range of document scanning solutions to help your organisation benefit from saving time, money and space. If you would like some more information on our document scanning and document management services, please get in touch today.
The Scan-do Peopletm
For more information feel free to give us a call:
Nationwide: 0845 22 55 923 London: 0207 183 1885
Manchester: 0161 832 7991 Birmingham: 0121 285 1900