Medical Record Scanning Service in London
With plans for the NHS to go paperless by 2018, we can help public and private healthcare organisations in London and throughout the UK to achieve this goal by scanning and digitising your medical records to a digital format you require.
Medical records and document types we can
- Patient data records
- A&E documents
- GUM files
- Maternity files
- Ophthalmology documents
- Gynaecology documents
- Audiology records
- Paramedic reports
- Paediatric records
We also offer x-ray scanning services to healthcare and dental companies in London and throughout the UK. To read more about our x-ray scanning services and the benefits of working with digital x-ray files click here.
The benefits of digitising your medical records
Organisations that we have worked with have seen many benefits from having their medical records scanned with us. Below are just some of benefits that you'll gain after using our medical record scanning services:
- Gain remote and instant access to your digital records.
- Improvement of security and organisation of your files.
- Begin to save money on physical file storage.
- Free up your space in hospitals and GP surgeries.
- Patient files to be fully text searchable and editable with OCR processing.
The medical record scanning process explained
Consultation. To fully understand your needs, we will get in touch by phone or email so we can tailor our service to suit exactly what you want.
Collection. We can collect your medical records from any location in London and throughout the UK with our secure nationwide collection service.
Preparation. Prior to scanning, your medical records will be prepared by removing all fasteners such as staples and paper clips. We will ensure your document records remain in the same order in which they arrived. Read more...
Scanning. We will scan your medical records using our super-fast scanners with double feed detection in high quality to ensure that all of the important data is captured.
OCR processing. We can use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) processing to recognise text on your medical records and convert it into fully searchable and editable text.
Quality checks. OCR has a near 100% accuracy but we will check each scanned image to ensure that all of the relevant information has been scanned and that we are providing the top-quality service which our ISO accreditations stand for.
Conversion. Once the scanned images have been checked and any amendments made, they can then be converted to your chosen format, whether that is PDF, PDF searchable, TIFF, JPEG or another required format
Indexing. Once converted, your digital medical records will be indexed by agreed fields such as patient names, reference numbers or dates.
Data delivery. Your scanned and digitised medical records are then ready to be delivered on CD, DVD, USB, secure FTP or via our fully managed cloud system, Pearl Cloud. We also provide our powerful search and retrieval software, Halogen, if you don't have a system already in place.
Original documents. When you are happy with your scanned medical files, we can return your original records to you, have them stored them in our secure warehouse or shred and dispose of the records via environmentally friendly methods.
If you would like a free quotation to have your medical records converted to a digital file, get in touch today.
An experienced medical record scanning company
- Our services are certified to ISO quality and data security standards.
- We have worked with many NHS trusts and GP practices in London and across the UK.
- Your document data will be kept confidential and secured throughout the scanning process.
- Our scanning bureau has the infrastructure to handle both small and bulk volume scanning projects.
- A fully flexible one stop service is offered for all of your medical record scanning needs.
- We have over 15 years of experience providing medical document scanning for a number of healthcare and medical organisations.